Saturday, August 4, 2012

Race Report - Sweat Your Thorns Off Virtual 5K

This morning I participated in my first ever virtual race, hosted by The Boring Runner.  I printed out my super cute cactus bib and got ready to head out the door.  Bugleboy took my picture before heading off to a meeting at work.


I wore my new Lululemon running skirt that my parents bought me when I was visiting them in California this summer.  It's so light and comfortable, love it!

I ran the Sweat Your Thorns Off Virtual 5K as part of the 8 mile long run I had scheduled for this weekend.  It was hot and humid this morning (86 degrees, 94% humidity, making it feel like it was over 100 degrees), which meant slower splits and more stops for water.  I ran one of my favorite routes through a local park.

I started out by going over the hills and through the woods...


Around the pond...



And past the meadow...



After leaving the park and heading home I also ran past the FDA, yes, the Food and Drug Administration.  One of the perks of living in the DC metro area is that I run past these uber important things all the time.  I opted not to take a picture of the FDA since there are lots of signs like this one posted on the huge fences surrounding the place.  I didn't want to appear suspicious or anything.


All in all I ran the 5K in 31:18 (not too bad considering the heat index) and my full 8 miles in 1:24:35.  And I DEFINITELY sweated my thorns off, whatever they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment